Morning routines have gained a lot positive press over the last few years. So many successful people on the planet utilize them to enhance their productivity and maximize their chances of attaining their goals for the day. The report feeling more confident, focused, and fulfilled after they complete them. Who doesn’t want that right?
But do they work?
I most certainly believe they do. I feel more confident and prepared to manage the day after the completion of my morning routine. I believe without it I would not have attained a fraction of what I have today. Nor would I feel as clear or fulfilled My morning routine lasts about 90 minutes and is completely technology free, except during the exercise component where I usually listen to a podcast or music, making sure my phone is on airplane mode to prevent any distractions fromor dings and pings. No emails, no texts and, no social media. Here is what I do:
- Drink 26 oz of water straight away.
- Exercise intensely for a minimum of 20 minute (I prefer H.I.I.T. training– or Hhigh Iintensity Iinterval Ttraining).
- In-fared Sauna (Meditate for 10-15 minutes longer if I am feeling into it)
- Take a cold shower
- Gratitude Journal:
I start the morning by answering the following questions in my journal:
- What am I most happy about right now
- What am I most excited about?
- What am I most proud of right now?
- What am I grateful for in my life right now?
- What am I enjoying most in my life right now?
- What am I committed to in my life right now?
- Who do I love? Who loves me? What do I love most about them?